Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Deep freeze... (Or oh crap the kids got Iceskates)

Well with the weather plummeting again; the local pond is frozen. I skated there when I was a kid spending hours bouncing off the ice and sliding into the frozen banks. Since those days the pond has become a little overgrown and less maintained but this year it has frozen. So with great thoughts of grandeur and excitement the Kids have gone and rented skates from a local who has been renting since 1967. I like the idea of supporting him as I used to get my skates sharpened there. SO we get home from getting the skates and I think... I can skate or at least i used to be able to. Then the conversation came to unravel the following horror filled sentences that will shape my week.

1. The kids 3 and 5 have never skated - I knew this

2. with timing and schedules we will be able to put in some time but not a great amount on the ice - but free time should be put there to get everyone active

3. So I figure ok we can do a 1v1 situation teaching the kids to skate somewhat effectively or fall really well ( Their Choice)

and the kicker of them all


My wife has only skated a couple of times in her life!!!!!

Great here we go if the snow holds out we should be skating later today...this in its own right will probably be a blog entry to how well it goes...

I can see the bruises and red faces now...


so soon we will find out how cold it can be down in the zero...

1 comment: